Sun Causes Vodka Exposion, Fire: Gotta-See Video

//

KMSP-TV

"A band of sunshine crept under a window shade, which refracted light through a vodka bottle in a cardboard display case, which set the display case ablaze, which burst open the vodka bottles, which spewed fuel on the blossoming fire, which sent 12-foot (3.7-meter) plumes of flame soaring toward the ceiling of a mom-and-pop liquor store in a town called Burnsville," said Life's Little Mysteries.

This is one of those stories where reality trumps fiction every time. I once cleaned my microwave with cheap vodka before moving out of the dorms in college, but never did I start a fire with it. This local Fox affiliate has the full security cam footage and more information.

Also, the town is called Burnsville; which means my joke about "sending the store to burnsville," falls flat.  via Life's Little Mysteries

Want to recommend a video? Tweet it to @Discovery_News with the hashtag #GottaSeeVideos.

Don't miss today's Must-Read DNews Nuggets and you can watch Discovery Curiosity video here.