A blogger the Norway killer had admired dismisses him as tedious and a survivor vows good will prevail.
Norway killer Anders Breivik is dismissed as "tedious" by an author he admired in his manifesto.
A survivor of the island shooting vows that good is prevailing over evil.
Breivik killed 77 people in a string of terror attacks on July 22 in Norway.
Two weeks after Anders Behring Breivik unleashed a chain of terror in Norway, killing 77 people, the 32-year-old has drawn condemnation from all fronts -- world leaders, survivors, victims' families -- as well as commentators whom Breivik may have once believed to be his political allies.
Breivik said in a 1,500-page manifesto he posted online before killing 77 people that the blogger Fjordman was his "favorite contemporary author." Fjordman -- a 36-year-old whose real name is Peder Jensen -- distanced himself from the mass killer in comments published today in the Verdens Gang (VG) daily, calling him tedious.
According to the Montreal Gazette, Fjordman said that Breivik had emailed him a few times to suggest meeting, but the blogger said when he read Breivik's emails, his impression of Breivik was that he was completely out of touch with reality.
The blogger, who is the most quoted author in the attacker's manifesto, has railed in his blogs against "Eurabia," a concept used by extremists to describe an "Islamicized" Europe.
Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg vowed soon after the attacks that no act could ever "scare us from being Norway" and that the events would have the opposite effect and would bring "more openess and more democracy" to the country.
"You will not destroy us. You will not destroy our democracy or our ideals for a better world," he said.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old survivor of Breivik's shooting rampage on the island of Utoeya, published an open letter earlier this week declaring that Breivik's violent message was in vain and that good would prevail over evil.
"We are not responding to evil with evil as you wanted. We are fighting evil with good. And we are winning," Ivar Benjamin Oesteboe, who lost five friends in the attack, said in the letter addressed: "Dear Anders Behring Breivik."
"Maybe you think you've won. Maybe you think you've destroyed the Labour Party and people around the world who stand for a multicultural society by killing my friends and fellow party members," the teenager wrote.
"Know that you failed," said the letter posted on Facebook and published Monday in the Dagbladet newspaper.
"You describe yourself as a hero, as a knight. You are no hero. But one thing is certain, you have created heroes. On Utoeya on that warm July day, you created some of the greatest heroes the world has seen, you united the people of the world," the teenager wrote.
On the day of the attacks, Oesteboe hid with others on the islands shore when he heard the first gunshots. They thought Behring Breivik, who was dressed in a police uniform, was there to help them.
"We called out to him, waving our arms. He was there, trying to reassure those around him. All of a sudden, without batting an eye, he turned around and started shooting at people in the water," he said.
The young man survived by running towards police who arrived on the island about 80 minutes after the shooting rampage started.
"You have united us ... You have killed my friends, but you have not killed our cause, our opinion, our right to express ourselves. Muslim women have been hugged by Norwegian women in the street in sympathy ... Your act has worked against its purpose. We have created a community," he told his attacker.
"You deserve to hear how your plan worked. A lot of people are angry, you are Norway's most hated man. I am not mad. I am not afraid of you. You can't get to us, we are bigger than you," the teenager wrote.
Behring Breivik, a far-right extremist, has confessed to carrying out the twin attacks on July 22.
He set off a car bomb in Oslo's government quarter that killed eight people, and later went on a shooting rampage on the Utoeya island near Oslo, where the ruling Labour Party was holding a youth camp, killing 69 people, most of them teenagers.
The gunman stopped short of entering a guilty plea, deeming his actions "cruel" but "necessary."
He said in a 1,500-word tract published on the Internet that he was trying to change the multicultural policies of western European governments encouraging Muslim immigration.
AFP contributed to this report.this